Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweater stories

sweatr

Default Re: Sweater stories

Hello and last fuzzy greetings to all in the wool community: I have been edited and told by cookie that if i keep complaining i will be banned?? So now we know we cant complain so im in search of a real compasionate wool site for real wool lovers. Im sorry if i offended you cookie but i was only venting what everyone else was feeling but no worries mate im done and out.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I enjoyed writing and had many post and maybe will in the future on another site i suppose . Again im sorry i upset you cookie ? Im out good by

sweatr

Question Re: Sweater stories

text deleted: as I asked before, please read the rules of this forum. If you disagree with a moderator or the admin, send them a PM. We ask that you keep general complaints off the public boards, per the rules of the forum. Also, repeating your complaint ad nauseum in the same thread is ounter-productive, hence this edit from a moderator. Please keep this in mind as well.

Thank you.
    Last edited by 2DYE4; September 11th, 2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: deleted complaint text

Hi Cookie, thanks for a reply to all concerns. You got us all very confused closing SW without prior warning. I hope to see the contents up here at FFG soon.

Helena

Quote Originally Posted by looking67 View Post
    I think there's a lot of members from SWP that would've volunteered to help keep it clean from all of the spammers. I don't think I ever saw any messages asking for help...
    From what I understand, there is no help you could have given, considering the situation. It was as much a technical issue as it was a spammer issue. The offer for help is appreciated, however.
    Global Moderator for FFG.

PLEASE follow the Forum Rules, located in the FAQ section!.

sweaterguy

Quote Originally Posted by 2DYE4 View Post
    From what I understand, there is no help you could have given, considering the situation. It was as much a technical issue as it was a spammer issue. The offer for help is appreciated, however.
    yes there was. if there were more moderators, they could have banned the spammers. i'm not completely sure it was a spamming issue. there were some spamming messages, but not that much, at least i didn't mind them that much. the messages could have been commercials to support the forum just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sweaterguy View Post
    yes there was. if there were more moderators, they could have banned the spammers. i'm not completely sure it was a spamming issue. there were some spamming messages, but not that much, at least i didn't mind them that much. the messages could have been commercials to support the forum just as well.
    Hello there,

I have modded many many forums of all sorts. Some forums just seem to attract so-called spam bots. These are usually automatic programms that repeatedly sign up as new users and keep posting spam messages. It is very difficult to get rid of them.

I trust the move will allow the users of SW to enjoy a more peaceful and spam free forum life. Yes we do get the occasional spam bot here on FFG, but its not that much.

sweaterguy

what i'm trying to say is yes, the spam bots were annoying, but i just wish there was something that we could've done to prevent the sudden move, that's all.

what i'm trying to say is yes, the spam bots were annoying, but i just wish there was something that we could've done to prevent the sudden move, that's all.
    Ever got Spam on your email? It usually gets worse and worse. Even the best spam filters sometimes do not help. Sometimes it better to get a new email account.

maudecardy

Well hello all.... I'm here but it's not quite like there! And obviously nothing to look back on just yet. Could start putting stories back I guess - but photos probably best elsewhere... Hey ho
    Mistress Maude

sweatermad

Psycho where are you... need to access your Blog please.

Roy4mohair

hi , girls ,

i m new found this site today and registrated.
    i love woman who dresses in mohair and angora clothing ......
    they bring me in extase of an horny state of self contiousness

xx

Please re-read my posted comment. You'll see that there is/was more to it than just a spammer issue. Tech issues with the server as well, from what Cookie posted even earlier in this thread.
    Global Moderator for FFG.

PLEASE follow the Forum Rules, located in the FAQ section!.

sweaterguy

* text deleted: this member has been temp banned for two weeks until he can learn to follow the rules of the forum.*
    Last edited by 2DYE4; September 13th, 2008 at 09:35 PM.

maudecardy

Hi Sweatermad and everyone else,

Getting back to sweaters, cardigans, twinsets and and nice soft woolly things (and ignoring all the techno stuff) the place you want is called heaven and it is here:
    http://cardigans-sweaters.blogspot.com/

Mistress Maude