Thread: starting my girlfriend on the fur fetish

Look at me I got 100+ posts yahiko9040's Avatar

Default starting my girlfriend on the fur fetish

hey guys. question for you.

i'm sure you've all had some difficulty or other with significant others and their fondness of fur. my girlfriend's a veggie, so I hardly expect her to like real fur, but she agreed to look into some faux fur stuff for me.

low budget though, very low budget. and i'm guessing she probably won't go for any legitimate jackets. does anyone have any ideas as to getting her in fur and getting fur, well, inside of her without it getting too weird?

she's looking into fur hats especially since they're inexpensive and socially acceptable but i don't see that as practical for pleasuring myself or her.
    Erotic fur writer and fur fetishist since 2007

Default Re: starting my girlfriend on the fur fetish

I guess that's a start, but you already have two strikes against you with the veggie thing.. though there are some that will wear a fur, you should pursue the faux fur for now. She may change in time if you offer her some sheared things that may appear like faux BTW I'm not sure why a fur hat is acceptable and a fur jacket isn't.. but that's another post.. good luck buddy, I know it's hard.

FUR Enthusiast

The first thing to figure out is if your fur fetish and her vegetarianism is going to be able to mix at all as you don't often hear "I'm a vegetarian and I love real fur."

The second thing is making hard choices. Is she going to be into fur like you are? Does it matter if she NEVER is? You're not likely to change her mind, just like she's not likely to suddenly break you from your fur enjoyment. Sometimes that means it's time to get ready to start looking again, which sucks, I know.

Finally, just from experience be careful that what you're playing with isn't the same stuff you're wearing out if you play rough. While it can be a turn on to see your girlfriend in public wearing something you want her to wear to bed as well, it can be a bit awkward sometimes. If it costs a lot of money, that can be awkward as well, even if you're not averse to getting it messed up.

Best of luck figuring things out.

Humorously enough, I am a vegetarian as well and I love fur, and I'm still trying to get the boyfriend to accept the second part of that. It was easier getting him off red meat. Go figure!

FUR Enthusiast

I used to be a vegan for years and all that time I was into fur. Contradictionary? Perheaps.

Look at me I got 100+ posts

I sometimes have a problem understanding this negative attitude to fur...Please tell me anybody; who out there does not wear anything that is not made of leather or wool and is also vegan? There is substantial hypocrisy involved and this should be pointed out to those individuals who so quickly voice their anti fur stance. If they have concerns about some of the methods used to farm and slaughter the ranched animals do they feel the same way about the manner in which cattle and sheep are killed: not only for their meat but also their hides?
    I suppose its become more of a politically correct position driven by you-know-who....Which is every reason why we should adopt a more aggressive attitude and not meekly acknowledge the opinions of those people who so easily assume that they have a morally superior position!
    My wife had reservations about fur, but that has more to do with the fact that very little fur is worn in our part of the world and she is simply not the type of person who likes to attract attention to herself. She will however indulge me in the privacy of our home and has become more relaxed with this over time....
    So if you see your relationship as a long term affair you will have to work on it!!

Enjoying Fur life chloelovesfur's Avatar

Slightly off topic but it amusses me; Ex wife really had a fetish for fur, but was very reluctant to wear it outside. New partner doesnt have a problem wearing it out but doesnt have a fur fetish !

scottyfur

I think its all about gauging her reaction to the faux fur first. does she like how it feels, etc or is she just doing it for you? if she likes how it feels, you can talk about real fur, or maybe get a real fur accessory, a hat or second hand shrug or wrap. something that doesn't cost alot. Or you can take her to a shopping area where there may be some fur garments and see how she reacts to them. It is something that you have to 'feel' out with her and see how she reacts, how open she is.

As far as being a vegetarian, it all depends on her reasons. If its more of a health reason thats easier for you, if its more of a cruelty reason, then you have to take things slow.

Best of luck to you!

Go to a craft store and buy a small rabbit pelt. They make great decorations for the house. I have a few spread about. Nothing overwhelming, just enuf to get a response from lady visitors. If they (or she), finds it completely repulsive you're probably fighting a losing battle.

Look at me I got 100+ posts yahiko9040's Avatar

@ Ron: Oh, no, faux fur only, I already know that. And a full fur jacket or coat would be a bit weird for her, that's all
    @ Velvet: Faux only probably, I'm not going to argue with her on it haha. We've been going at it for some eight months, but since it started in March she hasn't really had an opportunity to look for anything "furry."
    @ Capt: yep, long term for sure
    @ Scotty: doubtful about real fur, but I'll definitely be trying to get her into it. she said she'll do her best haha
    @ northernguy: alright, that's a good idea. thanks o:

and guys, the issue isn't really real fur or not - she won't go back on vegetarianism and I know she'd only go for faux. It's just what in the faux realm I can get relatively expensively (or she can get) that'll be practical for me and for her.
    Erotic fur writer and fur fetishist since 2007

Getting started

If you're looking for inexpensive, then try thrift stores first. Often a lot of faux coats, scarves, etc. are donated, usually in good condition and usually pleasant-to-look-at ones that don't just appear like a sewn-up carpet.

If this fails, some department stores will carry faux fur stuff, especially in the winter season we're about to enter. Mostly it can be reasonably priced.

And remember to check back on those thrift stores... their products move and change real quickly. As someone who also has a girlfriend and a fetish on a budget, I know how it goes.